Have you ever considered making your own DIY deodorant at home? It is really cheap, easy and it works.
We are advocates of organic food, but our love affair with all things natural spans much further than what we eat. We either make our own household cleaning and body products or source them from companies who have simple natural ingredients.
This is a recipe we have only just started using. Deodorant is one of the more expensive choices of natural products and we thought it was about time we switched to home made. Most mainstream deodorant choices have a huge array of ingredients which are damaging to the body and are simply not necessary; artificial fragrances, aluminium, pthalates and parabens. It can be daunting moving away from shop-bought products and delving into the world of natural homemade cosmetics – but we promise this one is worth a try!
This recipe uses simple ingredients that most of us have in the cupboard or can source at the supermarket.
- 4 tbsp Raw Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 4-5 drops of essential oil (choose one suitable for everyday use and check for contraindications with any medication or health issues – we like chamomile or lavender)
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan and remove from heat
- Add all other ingredients
- Pour into a bowl and leave overnight to set (if you live in a hot climate put it in the fridge)
- Either use your fingers to apply from a tub or transfer to an old empty push up deodorant holder
- Apply morning and night to clean armpits