Looking for an easy Organic Sprouted Spelt Bread Recipe which tastes great and doesn’t need proving?
We love this Organic Sprouted Spelt Bread Recipe. Spelt is an ancient grain which is often tolerated better than wheat, although it does still contain gluten. We love This recipe was sent to us by one of our lovely customers Etienne and we can’t wait to make it.
- 3 cups spelt berries
- 1 cup spelt flour (you can make this by grinding the dried spelt in a blender)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/4 tsp stevia
- salt (optional) according to taste
- Coconut oil, for oiling the baking paper.
1. Place grains in containers apt for sprouting and soak grains overnight.
2. Strain, rinse and place in a dark and cool place (like a cupboard).
3. Add the flour, chia, cheese and yeast flakes and mix through with a spoon. Rinse grains twice a day. Tiny sprouts will be visible by the end of the first day.
4. Pour the mixture into a 6 “ baking tray lined with baking paper. The grains are ready, once the sprout is almost the length of the grain.
Important: If sprouts are allowed to grow any longer the bread will not bake.
1. Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees, generously oil baking paper and place on a flat baking tray.
2. Blend sprout berries until mixture resembles a dough. Add the dry ingredients and water. Kneed until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
3. Shape dough into bread shape to form two little loaves or one big loaf.
4. Place onto baking paper and baking tray.
5. Bake for an hour until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees.
6. Remove from oven and leave to cool on wire rack.
Recipe from Etienne.