If you are vegan or egg free you probably miss omelettes once in a while…
This recipe is a definite one to try if you like experimenting with whole foods. Creating plant based versions of regular recipes can be a really exciting way of discovering new favourites for your kitchen.
Because chickpea flour is ground down from the whole pea it contains the same nutritional value as chickpeas themselves. Just one 25g serving contains high levels of fibre and folate and is a source of Copper and Manganese.
This makes organic chickpea flour a great choice nutritionally and it contains more fibre and protein than wheat flour.
Be creative with toppings and add herbs and spices for extra flavour and nutrition. This omelette is a perfect base for a whole host of toppings and side dishes.
- 1 cup Forest Whole Food’s Organic Chickpea Flour
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 heaping teaspoon of ground kala namak salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Forest Whole Food’s Organic Turmeric Powder
- Whisk together all of the ingredients until you have a smooth, thin (ish) batter.
- Heating a non stick pan and pour about half your mixture to the pan, leave for a few minutes and add your toppings to half (I used spinach and tomatoes) and fold over.
- Continue to heat for a few minutes until cooked throughout. Enjoy!