We all need a little sweetness in our day especially when its packed with nutrition. Guilt Free!
This Chocolate Banana Snack Cake Recipe is an easy staple for anyone who has a sweet tooth and loves whole food. This recipe is Vegan, GF, Soy Free, Nut Free, Oil Free, Refined Sugar Free so you really can’t find anything to complain about, especially as it tastes great too.
Organic Coconut Palm Sugar has become a staple in the whole food world because of its addictive ‘caramelly’ flavour. Twin this with organic cacao powder and you are on to a winning combination. Cacao is a complex food containing over 300 chemically distinct compounds and is particularly rich in plant poly-phenols. The most beneficial of these plant extracts are called flavonoids which have an antioxidant action in the body.
Who wants a go at eating this? Time to get baking!
- 2 Cups gluten free oat flour
- 3 Over ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons Forest Whole Food’s Cacao Powder
- 1/2 Cup Forest Whole Food’s Coconut sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Teaspoons madagascar vanilla
- 1 Cup plant milk (I used light coconut milk)
- 1/4 Cup chocolate chips sprinkled on top
- Preheat the oven to 170C/350F.
- With coconut oil grease a 8X8 square pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mash your bananas and add the remaining wet ingredients and stir.
- In a separate medium bowl add your dry ingredients and stir well making sure you don’t have any big lumps.
- Add the wet bowl to the dry and stir well until texture looks like a smooth cake batter.
- Add the batter to the 8X8 pan and sprinkle the cake with the chocolate chips.
- Put the cake in the oven for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean.
- Let sit in the cake pan to cool (this really helps keep the cake together so I highly recommend this).
- Once cool remove from pan, cut into squares and enjoy on its own, as a snack, or with some dairy free vanilla ice cream as a delicious dessert.