If you struggle to find time to eat breakfast then this will make it a whole lot easier…
Porridge is great but sometimes something tasty and quick to prepare like granola is a nice change. If you haven’t tried a home-made wholefood granola before then this chocolate puff granola will be a real treat. Not only does it offer a big chocolate hit, it is rich in a range of nutrients to kick start your day.
This recipe brings so much to the table. It boasts a range of nutrient rich seeds in each serving and has a rich ‘caramelly’ taste from the carob, coconut sugar, vanilla and maple syrup.
Be creative with toppings to add extra flavour and nutrition.
- 2 Cups Puffed brown rice⠀
- 2 Cups Forest Whole Food’s Organic Rolled Oats⠀
- 3/4 Cup Forest Whole Food’s Organic Pumpkin Seeds⠀
- 1/3 Cup Forest Whole Food’s Organic Carob Powder (or cacao powder) ⠀
- 1/2 Cup Forest Whole Food’s Organic Hemp Hearts ⠀
- 1/4 cup Forest Whole Food’s Organic Sunflower seeds⠀
- 2 Tablespoons Forest Whole Food’s Coconut Sugar ⠀
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup ⠀
- 2 Heaped tablespoons of almond butter ⠀
- 2 Teaspoons Madagascar vanilla⠀
- Preheat the oven to 300F⠀⠀
- In a large bowl, combine the puffed brown rice, oats, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts, sunflower seeds and coconut sugar. ⠀
- In a small saucepan on low heat whisk together the maple syrup and almond butter until combined. Remove from heat and add vanilla. ⠀
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. ⠀
- Spread the granola onto a baking sheet evenly and lightly press it together so it makes it more chunky. I usually have two full baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 mins stir it around and bake for another 10-15mins watching closely so you don’t burn it. ⠀
- Remove from oven and it will harden as it cools. Let cool completely on the baking sheet, then transfer it to glass jars.⠀