Chocolate Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good smoothie bowl?
If you want to start your journey into the world of smoothie bowls but don’t know where to start, then this is a great first recipe to try.
When you are sat on your sofa in the evening thinking of cookies and ice cream then this chocolatey bowl of goodness will save you from your sins by delivering your chocolate fix in a nutritious bowl of healthy whole food.
Raw cacao is often called food of the gods, and for good reason! It is high in iron and magnesium which both help to reduce tiredness and fatigue as well as phosphorus, potassium and selenium. Healthy food which meets your cravings is a great alternative to processed foods, so make sure you have cacao in your cupboards for those weak moments!
Recipe for 4 portions
- 2 frozen sliced bananas
- ⅓ cup almond milk (80 ml)
- 1 tbsp Forest Whole Food’s Organic cacao powder
- 30 g finely chopped dark chocolate
- small handful of Forest Whole Food’s organic cashew nuts
- 1 tsp Forest Whole Food’s Organic maca powder
- 2 ice cubes
Optional: 1 tsp maple syrup, ½ tsp vanilla extract, 1 scoops vanilla or chocolate protein powder, 1 tbsp almond butter.
- Blend main ingredients in a tabletop blender or food processor until smooth
- Add optional ingredients for sweetness or flavour
- Display toppings as creatively as you want!
Five Seed Oatcakes Recipe