There is no way you can eat just one of these coconut melts; they are simply too delicious.
There are a few reasons these are top of our list for indulgent snacks:
- They are full of beneficial fats, protein, minerals and vitamins – this only fuels the addiction.
- They are so rich and tasty that you can eat them like tray chocolates.
- They melt in your mouth and contain no dairy or gluten – a perfect vegan treat.
- They are quick to make and use only 6 ingredients.
- Children love them and they are full of so many nutrient rich ingredients that we don’t have to feel guilty when they have one.
- Melt the coconut oil gently on the stove (unless you are lucky enough to live somewhere where it is summer and liquid already!)
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Get your hands dirty and roll the mixture into mouth-size balls – these are best as one bite! If you have trouble getting the mixture to bind them keep it in the fridge for 10 minutes first.
- Place the balls in the freezer until they are hard – they need to be really well set for the melted chocolate to work.
- Melt the chocolate and dip the balls in until they are completely covered.
- Pop in the fridge for as long as you can wait (will store for 4-5 days)