If you haven’t tried Iced Chai Golden Milk then you have to give this restorative recipe a go.
If you miss your warming golden milk in the summer but can’t face a hot mug then this Iced Chai Golden Milk Recipe is a great twist. This summery choice makes a wonderfully refreshing summer drink!
Golden milk is an ancient elixir which has a very useful place in today’s busy world. Anti inflammatory and immune balancing – to name just a couple of golden milk’s benefits. Organic turmeric is our best seller and we love sending out so much organic goodness!
Recipe – Makes 2 glasses
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 inch grated ginger
- 1/tsp cinnamon powder
- Ground black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 cups organic milk (of choice) we like coconut or hemp
1. Combine all ingredients in pestle and mortar (except turmeric and black pepper)
2. Allow to steep the mixture in the milk as it warms on the stove for 5 minutes (the longer you leave it the better it tastes). You can use either a tea strainer, muslin cloth or sieve the milk at the end.
3. Add the turmeric and pepper once it is off the heat.
4. Allow to cool and then blend with a couple of handful of ice (add a few dates if you like it sweet)
5. Transfer to a glass and relax in the shade.