It has taken a while to find an egg free, gluten free baking recipe baking that really works for us.
There is no way you can eat just one of these Gluten, vegan and sugar free date cookies; they are simply too delicious. The children have become more picky with my healthy desserts as they grow up so we have upped the date content of this one to please their palates. This makes them sweet, chewy and really moreish. The name of these cookies may sound like they are no fun, but they are really delicious and popular with adults and children alike.
There are a few reasons these are top of our list for indulgent snacks:
- They are full of beneficial fats, protein, minerals and vitamins – this only fuels the addiction.
- They are chewy and crispy.
- They are vegan, organic and free of gluten.
- They are quick to make and use only 6 ingredients.
- Children love them and they are full of so many nutrient rich ingredients that we don’t have to feel guilty when they have one.
- Soak the chia seed and dried fruit in warm water for 1 hour.
- Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150
- Blend soaked ingredients with the water until smooth.
- Pour the blended syrup over the dry ingredients.
- Mix together the ingredients well until you reach a sticky consistency (add a sprinkle of oats if it seems too moist)
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and flatten down into cookies.
- Cook at 150 for 20 minutes, or until brown.
- Allow to cool and transfer to a safe place – you will be followed if you have children.