Managing a young family and a business is completely crazy so we have found ways to keep our healthy lifestyle going without spending hours in the kitchen – welcome the Vegan and Gluten Free Granola Bars.
One of the worst times of day for me is breakfast which is why I love Vegan and Gluten Free Granola Bars. I am not a morning person and I don’t particularly like eating as soon as I get up – as soon as Jago and Charlie get up they like to think of things I can fetch for them from the kitchen. When you have to manage a fussy toddler and a pre-schooler walking to school it can get pretty horrific. These granola bars are one of the things that keep me sane – I can throw them at them while I am half asleep and it makes them happy. If necessary they can eat them on the way to school with one in each pocket. Vegan and Gluten Free Granola Bars contain all the ingredients that a big bowl of porridge would have and although I would prefer to sit around smiling with flowers on the table, sometimes this is the reality!
Vegan and Gluten Free Granola Bars make a great breakfast bar because:
- They are full of beneficial fats, protein, minerals and vitamins.
- They are packed with slow release energy so really do keep you going until lunch.
- They are vegan,vegetarian and organic.
- They are quick to make and use only 7 ingredients.
- Children love them and they are full of so many nutrient rich ingredients that they can replace breakfast on mornings when it all goes wrong!
- Soak the dates and raisins in 100ml of warm water for 10 minutes.
- Blend the soaked dates in a food processor to produce a soft jam.
- Melt the coconut oil and almond butter gently on the stove (unless you are lucky enough to live somewhere where it is summer and liquid already!)
- Place oats and mixed nuts in a mixing bowl and combine.
- Pour the melted mixture and the dates over the dry ingredients.
- Get your hands dirty and roll the mixture into a big ball.
- Transfer to a 8×8 inch square greased baking tray and press down with your hands.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cook for 25 minutes and allow to cool before cutting.
- Store in a cool dry place in an airtight container.