Who doesn’t love Houmous?
Houmous (Hummus) is so easy to make and is a great accompaniment to so many meals. Our favourite meal is a delicious tagine and houmous makes a great fresh side dish. We use hummus like butter in wraps, put a great blob of it next to rice dishes and our toddler loves it as a dip for vegetables. It is hard to find a child or adult that doesn’t love this dip, so mastering your own home-made hummus is a great life skill!
Tip: Don’t be afraid to experiment – chick peas can be exchanged for split peas, beans or lentils!
Prep Time: 15 mins (excluding soaking and cooking of chick peas)
Total Time: 15 mins
- 400g dried organic chick peas (soak overnight and cook for 40 mins in prep)
- 4 tbsp Tahini (or simply grind your own organic sesame seeds)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
For the Chutney:
- Green chillies
- Garlic Leaves
- Mustard Leaves
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. You may like to leave it a little rustic with small chunks of chick pea!
- Use paprika and a drizzle of oil as a garnish
- For the chilli chutney, chop ingredients finely and combine in a bowl with the olive oil and lemon juice
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3-4 days