Have you tried fruit compote on porridge before? This is a lovely simple way to add natural sweetness and nutrition into your breakfast routine.
This stewed blueberry porridge recipe is a really easy way to start the day with a full belly and a clear conscience.
You may already know that porridge oats are a source of beta-glucans, but do you know what they do? Consumption of beta-glucans from oats as part of a meal contributes to the reduction of the blood glucose rise after that meal (this is why porridge keeps you going).
Get started with this nutritious breakfast full of protein, fibre and good fats to keep you going all morning.
Be creative with the ingredients to add extra flavour and nutrition.
- 1 cup Forest Whole Food’s Organic Rolled Porridge Oats⠀
- 1 cup coconut milk ⠀
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries or any berry *optional⠀
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (I used an almond, pumpkin seed and Brazil nut mixture) ⠀
- Warm blueberries in the stove until they become a thick consistency.
- Put it aside in a bowl and in the same pot warm your frozen blueberries.
- You can add a touch of maple syrup.
- Pour the stewed berries over the oats and add your other fave toppings and enjoy!