If you like doing batch cooking that can be frozen for another day…you have to try these!
These turmeric falafal balls are such a perfect start to a plate full of plants. They work perfectly as a side dish or as a main. A great way to serve these falafal balls is with a generous bowl of dip. You could try this delicious tahini sauce dip from recipe creator Erin (@veganginger).
This falafal recipe brings so much to the table. It boasts a nutrient rich base of organic chickpeas and contains a wide range of powerful healing herbs and spices.
Be creative with the ingredients to add extra flavour and nutrition.
- Onion chopped⠀
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced⠀
- 2 Cups Forest Whole Food’s Organic Chickpeas, mashed
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley chopped finely⠀
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped finely⠀
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice⠀
- 1 Teaspoon Forest Whole Food’s Organic Turmeric Powder⠀
- 1 Teaspoon Forest Whole Food’s Organic Coriander
- 1 Teaspoon Forest Whole Foods’s Cumin⠀
- A pinch of Forest Whole Food’s Organic Cayenne *optional⠀
- 2 Tablespoons Forest Whole Food’s Organic Chickpea Flour⠀
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder⠀
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt⠀
- 1/4 Teaspoon fresh Forest Whole food’s Organic Cracked Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a small saucepan water sauté the onion and add the garlic once the onion is translucent.
- In a large mixing bowl add the mashed chickpeas (you can mash by hand or use a blender) and the remaining ingredients for the balls.
- Once thoroughly incorporated add the sautéed garlic and onions and stir again. ⠀
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll the mixture into ping pong sized balls.
- Should make approximately 15-18 balls. ⠀
- Cook for 22 minutes and then flip the balls over and cook for another 22 minutes. ⠀