Turmeric Shot VS Gin and Tonic?
Summer is here and you have a few choices. We know which one is particularly luring on a Friday night but Nicky is here to give you the pros and cons and keep you on the straight and narrow.
Being healthy just got interesting…
Gin and Tonic
For: a soothing, refreshing, on trend relaxant. A double might be slightly intoxicating. Add a slice of cucumber for one of your five a day, and a huge splash of refreshing tonic water.
Against: Could be addictive and you can’t drive after consumption.
For: An energising, healthy, tasty, pick me up. You can drive anywhere. You can feel it doing you good. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties. and can enhance digestion, increase metabolism, improve skin, relieve stress, and maintain balanced blood sugar levels
Against: Careless with turmeric and it will stain your white worktop. Self righteousness could bore your friends. Maybe not, try a ‘shot party and vegan bar-b-q’…
‘Pret a Manger and my local gym are selling the Turmeric shot for around £2 a pop, so I had a go at making my own for less than 30p per shot’
Only buy organic ground turmeric, it has a deep orange glow and fresh aroma beats the potted supermarket brands hands down.
Recipe For Turmeric Paste
- Gently warm 250ml oil and then take off the heat
- Add 4 heaped tablespoons of Forest Whole Food’s Organic turmeric powder and 2 generous pinches of Forest whole Food’s Organic cracked black pepper
- Combine well and pour into an empty jar
- Store in the fridge in a jar for your daily shot.
Recipe For the Shot – makes 1
- Add one teaspoon of paste to 4 tbs filtered water
- Grate 1/2 inch of fresh ginger root or 1/2 tsp Forest Whole Food’s Organic ground ginger and add to your mix
- Add 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Sweeten to taste with maple syrup