Do you love having healthy snacks on hand to save you from bad choices?
These Lemon Energy Bliss Balls will more than satisfy your need for something naughty while filling you with nutrient rich whole foods. These balls are rich in healthy protein and fat and will keep you feeling fuller than any shop bought sweet treats.
Oats are a source of beta-glucans so consuming oats as part of a snack contributes to the reduction of the blood glucose rise after that meal (this is one of the reasons why these bliss balls keeps you going). They also contain Organic hulled hemp seed which is a great addition to any diet as a source of protein and fat (omega 3, 6 and 9). Hemp contains these essentials fats in a perfect balance.
Recipe for 20 balls
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup hulled (shelled) hemp seeds
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk or water
- 1 + ½ tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 or 3 tbsp coconut sugar (to taste)
- 6 pitted dates
- ½ lemon – juice & zest (use the whole lemon if you prefer a stronger lemony taste)
- 1+ ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Extra desiccated coconut for rolling
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz for 20/30 sec until combined.
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into balls and coat in extra coconut.
- Place the balls in the fridge to set before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or in the freezer