Who doesn’t love Pesto Pasta?
If you have a little extra time homemade vegan hemp seed pesto is by far the tastiest and most nutrient rich. It is really easy to make and only uses 4 basic ingredients.
Organic hulled hemp seed is a great addition to vegetarian and vegan diets as a source of protein and fat (omega 3, 6 and 9). It contains these essentials fats in a perfect balance.
Recipe for 4 portions
- 1 big bunch of fresh basil (approx 80g)
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Forest Whole Food’s organic hulled (shelled) hemp seeds
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp B12 fortified nutritional yeast
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend for a few seconds until combined.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as necessary.