Organic Chopped Tomatoes Made From Fresh Sun Ripened Italian Tomatoes
Our organic chopped tomatoes are grown in central Italy. The tomatoes are sun ripened, cleaned, peeled and chopped to produce these Italian organic chopped tomatoes bursting with flavour.
They come in a handy 2.5kg tin so are ideal for families and catering. Use these along with our organic red split lentils to make a comforting, creamy red lentil dahl that will feed the whole family twice over!
Creamy Red Lentil Dahl
1 large brown onion, finely chopped
2 carrots, grated
5 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 tbsp organic garam masala
1 tsp organic turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red pepper chilli flakes
400g organic chopped tomatoes
400g coconut milk (or alternative)
700g vegetable stock
1 tsp salt
1/2 lemon, juice only
90g of spinach
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and gently sauté the onion for 5 minutes. When ready, add in the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 more minute.
- Now, add the garam masala, turmeric powder, and red pepper chilli flakes and stir for long enough for the spices to become fragrant. Add a tsp of water if necessary.
- Next, add the chopped tomatoes, coconut milk (or alternative) and vegetable stock and stir.
- Add in the red split lentils and grated carrot and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the lentils have softened, but not lost their shape.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and spinach.
- Return to the heat and gently stir until the spinach has wilted.
- Serve with rice, or your favourite naan bread.
Ingredients: Organic Tomatoes, Organic Tomato Juice