Plant Based Banoffee Pie
Looking for a decadent plant based pud? This picture perfect banoffee pie has all of the goodness and none of the guilt.Rate this Recipe
- Blend all the base ingredients in a high speed processor. I like to start with blending the oats and almonds to a flour and then adding the remaining ingredients so it’s a smoother mixture.
- Leave the base in the fridge or freezer whilst you make the other layers for the caramel - if your dates are not very soft then soak them in boiling water for 10 mins or so.
- Combine all the ingredients in a high speed food processor.
- Pour the caramel over the base and leave in the fridge whilst you make the cashew cream topping.
- For the cashew cream - blend all the ingredients on high speed until the mixture is smooth and creamy with no lumps. Done!
- Slice the bananas and layer on top of the caramel filling.
- Finally, pour (or pipe swirls of) the creamy cashew cream over the caramel and bananas.
- Leave in the fridge to set for 2 hours or overnight.
- Garnish as you wish - I like adding a finely chopped chocolate bar, cacao nibs or a dusting of cacao powder!