Thanks to recipe creator: Luisa at A Healthy Tasty Life
Do you love salads that combine a range of flavours and textures?
This warming salad is a great recipe for spring as it is light and fresh but also has the warmth of the roasted sweet potato. You can tick all the nutritional boxes with this tasty salad so it would make a great take away salad for a work lunch.
Organic Smoked Paprika adds a characteristic smokey depth to this salad. The sweet and hot dried peppers used in paprika are a dense source of nutrition and add warmth without being as spicy as cayenne and chilli powders. Peppers are one of the more heavily sprayed crops when it comes to pesticides so choosing organic is a good idea.
Organic Hulled Hemp is high in Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Magnesium, Manganese, Zinc and a source of Phosphorus, Iron and Copper (per 30g serving) so it gives this salad a super nutritional hit!
- 2 Medium sweet potatoes
- 200g Mixed leaf salad (like bay leaf, spinach)
- 50g Rocket (arugula)
- 1 tbsp Forest Whole Foods Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Toasted pine nuts
- 30g Forest Whole Foods Organic Hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp Forest Whole Food’s Organic Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Forest Whole Food’s Organic Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 100g Cheese of choice (for vegans, violife feta works well here)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar glaze
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1 Pinch fresh ground black pepper
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into small cubes. To cook the sweet potatoes you can either boil them or bake them.
- Move the sweet potatoes into a bowl. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, the smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat, then move them into a greased baking tray.
- Bake at 200 C for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the dressing: Pour all the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk well to obtain a smooth sauce.
- To assemble, place the salad, rocket, sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Sprinkle with seeds, pour over the desired dressing (leave some to drizzle on the plate) and toss well.
- Transfer into a serving plate, garnish with cheese crumbs, toasted pine nuts and drizzle with the remaining dressing.