Organic Coconut Milk makes the most delicious Thai curries
Our organic coconut milk originates from sunny Sri Lanka. This product contains only organic coconut and water and no nasties, preservatives or flavourings. It comes in a bulk 3l bag in a box which provides excellent value for money.
Coconut milk is so versatile, it can be used in curries, soups, cocktails, desserts, ice creams and more. Check out our organic coconut and chickpea curry below.
This product is perfect for households, restaurants, cafes and food ingredient businesses.
Coconut and Chickpea Curry
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 large red onion thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic minced
1 inch fresh ginger peeled and minced or grated
1 tbsp organic garam masala
1/4 tsp organic ground turmeric
1/4 tsp organic ground black pepper
1/4 tsp organic cayenne pepper (or to taste)
1/4 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
1 and 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
1 and 1/2 cups organic coconut milk
1 and 3/4 cups cooked organic chickpeas
2 tbsp freshly-squeezed lime juice (1 lime) (lemon also works)
chopped fresh coriander for serving
- In a large pan, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the red onion with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is softened and starting to brown.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the garlic and ginger; stir and cook for 60 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in the garam masala, turmeric, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt. Cook for 30 seconds more to toast the spices.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and stir well. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3-5 minutes or until the tomatoes are starting to break down and dry up a little bit. Stir in the coconut milk and chickpeas. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Simmer the coconut chickpea curry for about 10 minutes or until reduced slightly. Stir in the fresh lime juice. Season to taste with additional salt (I used about another 1/2 teaspoon at this point). Serve hot, over rice or other accompaniments of choice, and garnished with chopped fresh coriander.
Ingredients: Organic Coconut 53%, water 47%
Origin: Sri Lanka