Organic Puffed Quinoa is a Powerhouse of Protein.
Organic Puffed Quinoa is light in texture, with a crispy surface. As well as being a protein powerhouse which contains all nine essential amino acids – great for building your energy stores! It is also a great source of iron, which promotes effective transport of oxygen around the body.
Puffed Quinoa is great sprinkled over a hearty salad, used as a topping for yogurt, or, to create tasty snack bars for the whole family.
Organic Chocolate Puffed Quinoa Bars
100g Forest Whole Foods Organic Puffed Quinoa
130g Forest Whole Foods Organic Chopped dates
150g Nut Butter
125ml Non-dairy Milk
20g Forest Whole Foods Organic Cacao Powder
1/2 tsp Forest Whole Foods Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
1/4 – 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Line an 8″ square baking tin with greaseproof paper and set aside
- Mix the dates and nut butter in a food processor until it forms a paste
- Add the milk alternative, cacao, cinnamon and salt and blend again until smooth
- Gently mix the puffed quinoa with the date mixture until combined
- Press the mixture into the lined tray – a damp hand can help to press it in firmly without it sticking
- Place in the refrigerator for 2.5 hours (of the freezer for 30 mins).
- Once removed, cut into 16 squares and serve with some fresh strawberries or raspberries.
Ingredients: Organic Quinoa
Origin: Bolivia / Netherlands
Allergen Information: Packed on premises that handle gluten, tree nuts, sesame, soya, peanuts.