Have you ever tried a twist on your normal porridge? Buckwheat flakes make a great nutritious alternative to oats.
This buckwheat and hemp porridge is so much more than your average bowl of oats. The base is made from nutrient rich buckwheat flakes and these are boosted with organic hemp protein powder.
Hemp powder is rich in essential fats and boasts 50% organic plant based protein. Hemp contains omega 3, 6 and 9 essentials fats in a perfect balance so this powder makes a great addition to any recipe. The protein in hemp powder is highly digestible and its dense nutrient profile makes it a complete protein containing all the essential amino acids as well as a host of other vital nutrients.
Organic Buckwheat flakes are a nutrient rich option for those looking for alternatives due to allergies or simply variety in their cooking. It has an earthy, nutty flavour which goes well in a range of recipes.
You can add any fruits, nuts or seeds to your Buckwheatmeal, experiment with whatever you like!
- 60g Gluten Free Organic Buckwheat Flakes
- 1 tsp Organic Ceylon (True) Cinnamon Powder
- 50ml Plant milk
- 200ml Water
- 1 handful of fresh chopped fruit
- 1tbsp Organic Hemp Protein Powder
- 1tsp Organic Dried Mixed Berries
- 1 tsp Organic Hazelnuts
- 1 tsp Organic Coconut Chips
- 1 tbsp Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Organic Sultanas
1. Turn on the heat.
2. Put the Buckwheat Flakes into a pan with cinnamon and dried fruits
3. Add the plant milk and water to the mixture and combine.
4. Stir the mixture until it thickens, or add more water if you prefer it smoother
5. When your meal is ready, sprinkle the Hemp Protein Powder and fresh fruit on top and mix it evenly until it is combined.