Looking for a tasty, nutritious alternative to sugar laden sweet treats? This date roll is delicious and is perfect for a dinner party dessert.
If you like experimenting with ingredients and raw techniques then this date roll with coconut cream is a must for all plant based foodies. There is no doubt that this takes a little more effort than a brownie, but the results are worth the effort.
Ingredients for Filling:
- 50g Forest Whole Food’s Organic Desiccated Coconut
- 20g Forest Whole Food’s Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Forest Whole Food’s Organic Psyllium Husks
- 200g Coconut Cream
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Start by making the Coconut Cream. Put the Desiccated coconut and Flour into a food processor and mix them together.
- Add the Honey and Coconut Cream to the mixture and pulse in the food processor a few times until the mixture is combined.
- Add the Psyllium Husks and combine. Put the cream to one side.
- Place all the ingredients for the Roll into the food processor, and mix them until combined.
- Spread the “dough” between two sheets of baking paper, and start to roll the dough length ways into a long roll. It is best to do this when the dough is fresh and soft.
- Sprinkle the outside edge of the dough with desiccated coconut, and turn the sheet over to add the filling.
- Spread the coconut cream over the Date Dough and slowly start to roll up with the baking paper.
- Place the completed roll in the fridge overnight.
- On the next day you can easily slice your roll and enjoy!