Looking for a tasty, nutritious bread which uses all natural, healthy ingredients? Look no further. This buckwheat bread is a simple and delicious accompaniment to almost any topping.
“I made guacamole for this bread, but it can also can be eaten with hummus, aubergine cream, or even with sweet dips like strawberry jam or others. I have at home organic apple jam with no added sugar, and it is super yummy! (I made it last year, when my mother in law sent too many apples from her garden from Lithuania…) This bread can be tasty with salty or sweet toppings, because of the almond flour. In addition, it is very easy to slice, the chia and psyllium husks works very well, and give a bit spongy texture for the bread.” Viki
- 150g Forest Whole Food’s Organic Blanched Almond Flour
- 140g Forest Whole Food’s Gluten Free Organic Buckwheat Flour
- 27g Forest Whole Food’s Organic Chia Seeds
- 3 tbsp Forest Whole Food’s Organic Psyllium Husks
- 50g Forest Whole Food’s Organic Omega Four Seed Mix
- 2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 sp Salt
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 500ml Warm water
Ingredients for Guacamole:
- 1 Soft, ripe avocado
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp of Forest Whole Food’s Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 Pinch of Forest Whole Foods Cracked Black Pepper
- Put all the dry ingredients together into a big bowl and mix it.
- Add the liquids to the mixture and combine. (The “dough” has a creamy texture at the beginning, but do not add more flour to the mixture, as it will swell.)
- Cover the mixture with a tea towel for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven for 180C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Put the “dough” to the loaf tin and bake it for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let the bread cool, and you can slice it.
- For the guacamole, simply mash the avocado and mix in all the other ingredients to the desired consistency.