Organic Coconut Flour is a source of protein, fibre and fat.
Organic coconut flour has become a popular alternative to traditional wheat flours as it is naturally gluten free. It is high in fibre and a source of iron.
This tasty organic coconut flour is ground down from the dried flesh of the coconut so is rich in nutrients. The organic coconut kernels are crushed and then dried at less than 60c and then the oil is released via cold pressing. The remaining coconut is then ground down in to a fine powder.
Organic flour can be used in breads, cakes and pancakes for a gluten free alternative to traditional wheat based flours and works well combined with other flours such as tigernut flour, almond flour or buckwheat flour.
Coconut flour is nutrient rich alternative for people with allergies or simply those wanting to add some variety in their cooking. Take a look at our family tips for some ideas on how to bake with coconut flour.
Ingredients: Organic Coconuts
Origin: Sri Lanka
Allergen Information: Packed on premises that handle gluten, tree nuts, sesame, soya, peanuts.
Coconut Flour is a source of Iron (per 10g)
|Typical Nutrient Values:
||Amount per 100g:
||% Reference intake (RI) per 100g
Amount per serving
|% Reference intake (RI) per serving
|of which saturates
|of which sugars
Reference Intake (RI)
The Reference Intake (RI) refers to the recommended daily amount of a specific nutrient.
Coconut Date Roll Recipe
Ingredients for Filling:
- 50g Forest Whole Food’s Organic Desiccated Coconut
- 20g Forest Whole Food’s Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Forest Whole Food’s Organic Psyllium Husks
- 200g Coconut Cream
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Start by making the Coconut Cream. Put the Desiccated coconut and Flour into a food processor and mix them together.
- Add the Honey and Coconut Cream to the mixture and pulse in the food processor a few times until the mixture is combined.
- Add the Psyllium Husks and combine. Put the cream to one side.
- Place all the ingredients for the Roll into the food processor, and mix them until combined.
- Spread the “dough” between two sheets of baking paper, and start to roll the dough length ways into a long roll. It is best to do this when the dough is fresh and soft.
- Sprinkle the outside edge of the dough with desiccated coconut, and turn the sheet over to add the filling.
- Spread the coconut cream over the Date Dough and slowly start to roll up with the baking paper.
- Place the completed roll in the fridge overnight.
- On the next day you can easily slice your roll and enjoy!
Link to full recipe and photo
For optimum freshness keep in a cool place away from moisture and direct sunlight. Store in a tightly sealed bag or container in the refrigerator.