Looking for a quick and delicious snack bar recipe? These granola bars are packed with protein and fat to keep you going all morning (or afternoon!)
If you love cooking with whole foods and nutritious ingredients but want something that hits your sweet spot, then these are for you. This protein packed vegan granola bar recipe is stacked with nutritious nuts and seeds and rich in antioxidant berries – you can’t go wrong.
Let’s say goodbye to supermarket flapjacks in unrecyclable plastic punnets. It is time to take the bowl and spoon into your own hands!
-350g Jumbo Porridge Oats
-80g Plain Flour
-60g Dried Apricots
-60g Goji Berries
-30g Cacao Nibs
-50g Mixed Seeds (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and golden flax seed)
-200g Dairy free butter
-175g Golden syrup
-200g Cane sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160c or gas mark 3. Grease a 28cm by 21cm square baking tin and line with baking paper.
2. Mix together the oats, flour, nuts, fruit, seeds and cacao nibs in a large bowl.
3. Place the butter, syrup and sugar in a pan over a low heat. Stirring until melted and smooth.
4. Pour the syrup into the oats and stir until combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the tin. Spread it out, level and press down firmly until well compacted.
6. Bake for 30 mins until set and golden. (They should be soft to touch as they firm up as they cool)
7. Leave to cool for 10 mins. Cut and enjoy 😋