Copper is an essential trace element only needed in small amounts but it has lots of important roles in the body
Here at Forest Whole Food we think being a ‘food detective’ is so important in today’s world. Nutrition facts are fun once you start learning the ropes so we make sure we share as much information as possible.
Copper is found in all tissues of the body and plays a role in many different bodily functions.
- Normal function of the immune system
- protection of cells from oxidative stress
- normal iron transport in the body
- functioning of the nervous system
- maintenance of normal connective tissues
- contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- normal hair and skin pigmentation