Folate (aka Folic Acid) is a water soluble vitamin which we can’t store much of, so we need a daily intake.
Here at Forest Whole Food’s we think being a ‘food detective’ is so important (and fun too). Knowing what you put in your body is one of the most empowering things you can do. Nutrition is so interesting (for food geeks like us) so we make sure we share as much information as possible.
Folate is particularly important for cells that are are dividing rapidly and is really important in the first months of pregnancy or when trying to conceive.
- The reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Maternal tissue growth during pregnancy
- Normal function of the immune system
- The process of cell division
- Normal blood formation
- Normal amino acid synthesis
- Normal homocysteine metabolism