Vitamin B2 is a water soluble vitamin known as Riboflavin. This nutrient plays an important role in energy production.
Here at Forest Whole Foods we think being a ‘food detective’ is so important in today’s world. Nutrition facts are fun (for food geeks like us) so we make sure we share as much information as possible.
Because Riboflavin is a B-group Vitamin it is associated with maintaining energy levels and it works together with the other B Vitamins. It acts like an antioxidant and also as a building block for enzymes needed in insulin production.
Riboflavin cannot be stored in the body so a regular dietary intake is essential. It can be found readily in whole grains, beans and green leafy vegetables.
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) supports:
- Reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- The maintenance of normal red blood cells
- Protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Metabolism of iron
- The maintenance of normal vision
- Normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Functioning of the nervous system
- Maintenance of normal mucous membranes
- The maintenance of normal skin
Want to know about more nutrients your body needs daily? Take a look at our focus pages on Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Vitamin B1 (Thiamin), Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Magnesium, Folate, Iron, Copper, Selenium, Manganese, Potassium, Phosphorus, Calcium.