Vitamin C is an essential nutrient which is part of the anti-oxidant cycle in the body.
Here at Forest Whole Food we think being a ‘food detective’ is super important in today’s world. Knowing what you put in your body is one of the most empowering things you can do. Nutrition facts are fun (for food geeks like us) so we make sure we share as much information as possible.
Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin which cannot be stored in the body so regular intake is essential. It is needed for nearly 300 metabolic reactions and as an antioxidant in all of the body tissues.
Vitamin C supports:
- Reduction of Tiredness and Fatigue
- Function of the immune system during and after intense physical exercise
- Collagen formation for the function of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, skin, gums and teeth
- Protection of Cells from oxidative stress
- Function of the nervous system
- Energy yielding metabolism
- Increased Iron absorption